The cold weather is starting to set in. Try out this winter warmer recipe – a classic mushroom soup using our Daioni Organic Whole Milk, which makes it deliciously creamy.
Using milk in a soup recipe is a great way to add creaminess and also helps to reduce any milk wastage.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 750g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 500ml vegetable or chicken stock, whichever you prefer
- 100ml Daioni Organic Whole Milk
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Finely chop the onion and cook soft. Finely slice the mushrooms and to the pan. Turn up the heat and cook for around 10 mins until tender and golden, stirring frequently. Add the crushed garlic and cook for a further 1 min.
- Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and blend until smooth using a stick blender.
- Return the soup to the saucepan, add the Daioni Organic milk and heat through. Season to taste and more water if the consistency isn’t to your liking. Then it’s ready to serve!
Don’t forget to share your creations with us by tagging us @daioniorganic!