It’s almost time to get ready for the first day of school and as we know, making healthy and delicious meals for your kids can be a challenge. Here is a quick and easy tortilla omelette recipe for you to try for a simple and fun lunch idea. Make sure to include plenty of snacks and a carton of Daioni Organic Flavoured Milk in there too to make sure your little one has enough energy to go about their busy days.
To make a basic tortilla omelette:
- 2 eggs
- 1 wholemeal wrap
- Dash of Daioni Organic Whole Milk
You can put just about any vegetables, meat, or cheese in your omelette wrap. Omelette fillings are incredibly versatile, here are some variations:
Meat: turkey, bacon, ham, sausage
Vegetables: bell pepper, tomato, onion, mushrooms, broccoli, spinach, courgette, squash
Cheese: cheddar, feta, parmesan, mozzarella
- If you are using meat and vegetables in your omelette, start by cooking these in a little olive oil in a skillet the same size as the tortilla.
- Pour in the eggs and swirl the pan until the eggs are distributed evenly in a round omelette shape about the same size as the tortilla.
- If you are using any type of cheese, evenly sprinkle it over. Top the eggs with the tortilla and gently press the tortilla down – the uncooked part of the eggs will help the tortilla stick to the eggs.
- Run a spatula around the outside of the omelette and then quickly flip it. Cook the tortilla side of the omelette wrap for one minute until the tortilla is browned and crisp.
- Transfer the omelette to a plate, roll up, and place seam side down. Cut the wrap in half and place in the lunchbox.
Don’t forget to share your creations with us by tagging us @daioniorganic!